Our video making process consists of 4 parts.
- Filming (early 2021). How to film your video.
- Recording (early 2021). How to record audio (your music)
- Mixing. How to edit and mix your music using Logic Pro or Garageband.
- Editing. How to edit your video using Final Cut Pro or iMovie.
Besides our courses on all of these parts, we created a course named Filmmaker
. In a condensed format (only one video) you will learn you how to make a specific type of video using specific tools.A COUPLE OF NOTES ABOUT IMOVIE AND FINAL CUT PRO
- You can record with a USB microphone like the AT2020+ directly into Final Cut Pro and even do some mixing. That way you don't have to use Garageband or Logic Pro to mix your music. Recording directly into iMovie is not possible.
- In Final Cut Pro you can automatically sync your video and audio recording. In iMovie you have to manually try to sync video and audio.
- iMovie allows a maximum of 2 video tracks to work with. In FCP there is no practical limit (you can literally add hundreds).
Pro Apps Bundle for Education
Find more information about Apple's bundle in the first chapter about Final Cut Pro.
- Choose either iMovie or Final Cut Pro as your editor and watch the corresponding tutorials. Below each tutorial you can find clear instructions.